Scientific exploration and discovery is the newest use case for the Situations Room Infrastructure. The room both learns from and works with experts to transform the decision-making process from an open-loop to a closed-loop with feedback from experts in the room. The first scenario focuses on a group collaboration framework to improve the detection and diagnosis of breast cancer using a human in the loop architecture. It will be demonstrated through medical image informatics and interactive machine learning with human-in-the-loop as a better alternative. Preliminary results show that using a framework in the form of a cognitive room is better for multifaceted tasks like these.
- Hui Su — Project Director | Director, CISL
- David Allen — User Experience & Visualization Design | Research Associate, CISL
- Robert Rouhani — Developer | Media Integration Specialist, CISL
- Bulent Yener — PI / Co-Principal Investigator, Hidden Object / Restaurant Game | Professor, Computer Science
- Aritra Chowdhurry — Lead researcher | PhD Candidate, Computer Science
- Lilit Balagyozyan — User Experience Design | BS Candidate, Mechanical Engineering, Design Innovation & Society
- Samuel Chabot — Sonification | PhD Candidate, Architectural Acoustics